As much as we all love Twitter, it has it’s limitations. It’s simplicity, for some creative types, can be a bit stifling. But, as Twitter’s popularity has grown, developers have creatively filled the gap. Apps like TwitPic, BubbleTweet and SpinVox allow you to add pictures, video and voice to Twitter.
The latest entry to apps that expand what Twitter can do Pockets. Pockets is voicemail for Twitter. Now you can leave voice messages for your Twitter friends, even if you don’t have a phone number.
It’s really simple and easy to use.
- Sign in using OAuth,
- Allow access to your Twitter account
- Enter Your Phone Number (I used my Google Voice number and it worked great)
- Ener the Twitter ID of the person for whom you’d like to leave a message
- Pockets will call you
- Leave your message and wait a few seconds; you’ll get an automated confirmation message.
- Pockets will tweet your recipient that they have a voicemail (they’ll have to authorize the app)
View this demo, and try it out. I’ve signed up, so look for a message from me!!
Staci J. Shelton | Making You Memorable