I absolutely LOVE my iPhone. It’s the best tool/toy I’ve had in a while. I used to say that about my iPod, but Apple continues to raise the bar. I love the functionality, convenience and the unlimited possibilities for creativity, efficiency and productivity the iPhone offers. With the right combination of apps it’s a personal assistant in your hand.
I’ll be starting a new feature of cool tools and iPhone apps to help you in Business, Social Media and Life. I love efficiency and effectiveness and the iPhone can help you achieve that.
Here are a few of the apps that I wouldn’t want to live without.
ReQall (Productivity) – Free
I run my life by this app! Instead of telling you what the app does, it would be so much easier to tell you what it doesn’t do.
This free app interfaces with the KILLER Productivity and Reminder Service, ReQall. With ReQall you can:
- Speak or type your reminders into your iPhone in 30 second sound bytes. (ReQall has awesome voice recognition and keyword recognition functionality)
- Receive text or email reminders or share reminders (I love this)
- Call, email, or browse from within reQall items.
- Sync all appointments with Google Calendar or Outlook. (With ReQall Pro – $25/year)
Shazam (Music)- Free
This is a music lover’s best friend. Have you ever heard a song that you loved, but you didn’t know the name or where to find it? Shazam is your app! When you hear your favorite song, just press “tag” and hold your iPhone near the speaker. Shazam will listen, analyze and tell you the Song, Artist and Album. Shazam also let’s you:
- Download songs from iTunes once located
- Search YouTube for tagged songs
- Store your tags
Twittelator Pro -( Twitter) $4.99
This is my favorite Twitter App. It does too much to list here!! The only thing it’s missing is an interface with Ping.fm. Ping.fm allows you to post to ALL your social media sites and blogs from one platform. Some of great features of Twittelator Pro:
- Manage multiple Twitter accounts
- Shoot Videos and edit (iPhone 3Gs)
- Save Tweets as drafts
- Reply or DM any tweeter from the original post
- Shrink Tweets before sending
- Favorite, copy, reteweet, delete or e-mail tweets
- Upload pictures via YFrog, TwitPic, Pikchur, TweetPhoto and more
- Insert Dingbats such as ♥ ✈☺♬☑♠☎
- Automatically split DMs into more than one Tweet
- Tweet directly from Safari with the Twittelator Bookmarklet
- Large font option
- Update your location
- Follow/Unfollow/Block users
- 3 different themes
Tweetdeck – (Twitter) – Free
This is the Twitter app I’ve been wating for!! Tweetdeck is the best tool for getting the most out of Twitter and now it’s come to the iPhone. With Tweetdeck for iPhone, just as in the desktop client, you get a birds-eye view of communications. With Tweetdeck you can see tweets from all the people you follow as well as @replies and direct messages. It just came out this week, so there’s quite a bit of functionality that is still missing. But it’s the only iPhone app that does what Tweetdeck can do. You can also set up groups to follow more closely your favorite Tweeters!
I’m hoping that they will merge the type of functionality that Twittelator Pro has and interface with Ping.fm. If that happens, I’ll probably lose all of my other Twitter iPhone clients.
Tweetie (Twitter) $2.99
Tweetie Does just about everything that Twittelator Pro does (except give you the cute dingbats). It also interfaces with Ping.fm, which is why I use it. Biggest difference between Tweetie and Twittelator is the look and feel. It’s just a preference choice. All things being equal, however, Tweetie overall gives you more for a lower price.
I hope you try some of these tools and get as much out of them as I do. Be sure to comment and let me know some of your favorite tools!!
Dream. Change. Grow. Evolve…